To use the SmartConnect module there are a few prerequisites:
- A recent Windows (not Windows XP) or Apple PC.
- A graphic A4 printer or a Zebra sticker printer (preferably GK420d).
- Magento 2.2 or higher.
- SmartConnect plugin
- The QZ tray print utility 2.0 and SmartPrint (downloadable via https://my.transsmart.com).
- An internet browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari).
- A recent version of Java (installed on the PC from which it will be printed, or on the network in the case of a network printer).
- Communication ports 8181 and 8282 must be open for printing.
- An account for the MyTranssmart portal
- Activated carrier links configured in the MyTranssmart portal
- The account details from Transsmart for the SmartConnect module (username, password and account ID).
Installation of SmartConnect
The SmartConnect module can be installed by the administrator of your Magento webshop. The SmartConnect module can be downloaded with the provided credentials via packages.transsmart.bluebirdday.nl. This login will be provided by Bluebird Day.
On packages.transsmart.bluebirdday.nl there are two versions availbe of the module:
- SmartConnect, this module provides shipping and pick-up points to be used in the checkout.
- SmartConnect extension, this module adds support for booking and printing of orders via Magento.
The module has a readme.md file available. In this file the installation prerequisites are described.
The module is developed in such a way that it’s compatible with the standard Magento checkout. When technical support is needed, you can always contact the support department of Bluebird Day via email@example.com .