Attention: You'll need the Bluebird Day Transsmart SmartConnect Book & Print (extension) module to use this feature.
Printing from Magento is fully integrated in the SmartConnect extension module. To be able to use the printing a configuration in MyTranssmart is needed. To print labels from Magento, you always need the QZ Tray print program. In addition, it is necessary to also install the SmartPrint print program in order to be able to print from Magento.
The utilities must be installed and accessible at the level at which you print the labels, that is, locally if the printers are installed locally or on the print server if you print labels through a server.
Installation of the QZ Tray
To download the most recent version of this program, log in to the MyTranssmart portal first. When you are logged in, click on MyTranssmart on the printer button (top right) and then on 'download QZ Tray':
The QZ Tray icon will appear at the bottom right of your taskbar. If it is green, you have successfully installed the program.
Tip: Right-click on the QZ Tray icon at the bottom of your taskbar. Then click on 'automatically start'. The program will now always start automatically when you switch on your PC.
Installation of SmartPrint
To print from Magento (without port forwarding) you need the SmartPrint tool. To configure the SmartPrint tool, you need to carry out the actions below once only.
- Click once again on the printer button (top right) and then on 'download Smartprint'.
- The SmartPrint icon will appear at the bottom right of your taskbar.
- Right click this icon and choose connection status
- Fill in user credentials and hit connect
- Right click the icon again and choose exit
- Hit the windows key and type SmartPrint to restart the application
Configuring printers in MyTranssmart
Make sure the QZ-tray is started up first and that the icon is green. Then start SmartPrint and log in to MyTranssmart.Then click on the persona icon in the upper right corner and then choose MyDetails.
- Go to 'printing' and select the 'print with SmartPrint' box.
- Select the available connection.
- Then select the printer with which you want to print.
- Click on the 'save' button.
Different printers can be defined for each user, but only one can be connected via a SmartPrint tool.