At the Transsmart Pickup Locations you can configure which carriers you want to shown in the checkout as pickup points for your customers. The carriers that are selected as pickup points, will be shown in a Google Map in the checkout and will be sorted based on the distance to the address that the customer entered.
The following fields can be configured:
- Enable for Checkout: here you specify if you want to make use of pick-up points in your checkout.
- Shipping Method name on Frontend: here you specify the name for the pickup points shipping method in the checkout.
- Request Shipping Rates Dynamically: here you specify if you want to make use of the shipping rates that are set at Transsmart for the carriers that are selected as pick-up points. If you don’t use this, you can specify your own shipping prices.
When you configured these settings, use the ‘save config’ button.
In the pickup profiles table, you can configure the pickup points by selecting the carrier profile you want to use in the checkout, the name for the carrier profile and the shipping price you want to charge to the customer.
Configure new pickup points:
- Click on the 'Add profile' button to add a new profile. A new blank line will appear in the grey area.
- Active: here you indicate whether the profile will be used in the checkout.
- Carrier profile: here you select the carrier profile you want to display in the checkout. Please note that all transporter profiles can be seen here, not just the pick-up locations. Make sure you select the right service from the carrier.
- Title: here you can indicate how you want to name this carrier profile. This title is shown in the checkout.
- Price: have you opted to configure the transport costs yourself and not via the transport costs that are set at Transsmart? Then you can configure the transport costs here. This price is included in the total amount to be paid by the customer. If you enter nothing here, an amount of € 0.00 will be displayed in the checkout.
- Action: here you can optionally delete a profile if you no longer use it.
If you have changed something in one or more profiles, choose 'Save Config' in the upper right corner.
The pick-up locations are shown in a map from Google Maps. For this you need a Google API key. You can configure these under the pickup profiles at 'Google Maps API key'.
In the checkout the configured pickup points will be shown as below:
When a customer clicks on the ‘select location’ button a pop-up with a Google Maps will open. In this map the configured pickup points will be shown. The pickup points are sorted based on the proximity of the address the customer entered in the checkout.